Government since independence. A number of plans and programmes are being
implemented for assisting them so as to enhance their skills and capabilities for
ensuring rapid economic development and integration in the national mainstream.
ii) A scheme for providing free coaching to students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) was started during 6th Five Year Plan.
Similar schemes were also being implemented to provide free coaching to students belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Minorities. With a view to ensure effective implementation and monitoring and to assist the students in a better manner, the separate coaching schemes for SCs, OBCs and Minorities were amalgamated and a combined Scheme, namely, ‘Coaching and Allied Assistance for Weaker Sections’ including Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes and Minorities was introduced with effect from September, 2001.iii)After creation of a separate Ministry to handle matters relating to the Minorities viz.
the Ministry of Minority Affairs, the Scheme underwent further revision in April 2007
for removing the minority component from the ambit of the scheme and to accommodate other changes deemed necessary at that point of time. The last revision of the Scheme came into effect from 01.04.2016.
Course For Coaching
- i)Group A and B examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), the Staff Selection Commission(SSC) and the various Railway Recruitment Boards(RRBs).
- ii)Group A and B examinations conducted by the State Public Service Commissions;
- iii)Officers’ Grade examinations conducted by Banks, Insurance Companies and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- iv)Premier Entrance Examinations for admission in (a) Engineering (eg. IIT-JEE), (b)Medical (eg.NEET), (c) Professional courses like Management (eg. CAT) and Law (eg.CLAT),and (d) Any other such disciplines as Ministry may decide from time to time.
- v)Eligibility tests/examinations like SAT, GRE,GMAT and TOEFL.
- vi)Entrance examination tests for CPL courses/ National Defence Academy and Combined Defence Services.
Eligibility Cerita For Students
- (i)Only students belonging to SCs and OBCs having total family income from all sources of Rs.8.00 lakh or less per annum will be eligible for benefits under the Scheme.
- ii)The students must have secured the minimum marks in the qualifying examination of the competitive exam for which coaching is sought, as prescribed in the guidelines of the said competitive exam. However, if the student has still not appeared for the said qualifying examination,or if the student has appeared and the result has not been declared,the marks obtained in the Board/Degree exam just prior to the qualifying exam shall be taken into account. If the number of eligible applications received is more than the given slots,the selection will be done in the decreasing order of the marks obtained in the qualifying exams.
- (iii)For the competitive exams for which the qualifying exam is class 12th, benefits under the scheme will be available to a candidate only if the candidate has passed class cheme. Further, in case of competitive exams for which the qualifying exam is at bachelor level, only students/candidates having completed the bachelor level course or
- studying in the final year of the bachelor degree course at the time of receiving the benefits under the scheme shall be eligible.
- iv)For such examinations which are conducted in two parts, Preliminary and Mains,priority in the selection will be given to those students who have at least once qualified the preliminary examination.
- v)Benefits under the Scheme can be availed by a particular student not more than twice, irrespective of the number of chances he/she may be entitled to take in a particular competitive examination. The student will be required to submit an affidavit that he/she has not taken benefit more than twice under the Scheme.
- vi) The candidate shall be precluded from availing any other scholarship benefits of similar scheme of the Centre or State Governments.The candidate will be required to upload an affidavit indicating that he/she is not availing scholarship from any other similar scheme of the Centre/State.A list of beneficiaries availing the scheme will also be uploaded on the website of the Ministry and shall be shared with States/UTs to avoid possibility of simultaneous availing benefits of similar scheme by the candidate.
vii)Where the competitive examination is conducted in two stages viz. Preliminary and Mains,the candidates will be entitled for free coaching for both the examinations. They will be entitled for free coaching upto two times each for Preliminary and Main examinations as per their convenience. However, there will be no restriction in number of chances for coaching for Interview,if the candidate is selected for interview.
Process Of Application:
Selection Of Candidates:
The Last Date Of Submission Of Application Under Mode 2 Of FCC Has Been Extented Upto 30.09.2020.