PM Surya Ghar Yojana: The PM Surya Ghar Yojana is one of the best schemes which is initiated by PM Narendra Modi with an investment of exceeding Rs 75000 Crore. To get the detailed information about this scheme, stay tuned.
PM Modi himself shared this information via a tweet, highlighting the government’s commitment to a sustainable and eco-friendly future.
PM Surya Ghar Yojana
|PM Surya Ghar Yojana
|Govt of India
|Scheme Concerned to
|1 Core Households
|Scheme Launch Date
|13 Februari 2024
PM Surya Ghar Yojana Eligibility
The eligibility for PM Suryodaya Yojana typically includes:
- Yearly family income not exceeding Rs 1.5 Lakhs.
- Applicant’s family did not have a government employee.
- The scheme is open to citizens of all castes.
- Aadhaar linked to bank accounts is highly compulsory.
PM Surya Ghar Yojana Required Documents
- Address proof
- Aadhaar card
- Certificate of income
- Electricity bill
- Ration card
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
- Bank account passbook
PM Surya Ghar Yojana Apply Online
- Visit the official website “pmsuryaghar.gov.in”.
- Begin the registration procedure.
- Choose your state and electricity distribution company.
- Enter the electricity customer number, your e-mail ID, and your mobile number.
- Login in with your mobile number of mobile and customer number and then apply to the rooftop solar.
- Once this is approved you can get the plan installed through the registered vendors in your DISCOM.
- Once the above is done submit the information of the plant and apply for a net metre.
- After the installation of net metres and inspection by DISCOM is completed you can get your commissioning certificate generated from the portal.
- After the commissioning report, submit your bank account details and a cancelled cheque with the portal.
- Finally you will get your subsidy in your bank account within 30 days.
PM Surya Ghar Yojana Benefits
This scheme is not only about lighting homes; this is a comprehensive approach towards accelerating the adoption of solar energy, decreasing the financial burden on households and also contributes to environmental stability.
Some of the key benefits or features regarding this scheme are –
Financial assistance and substantial subsidies
- Beneficiaries of this scheme will get subsidies directly in their bank account, alongside access to heavily concessional bank loans, ensuring that there is no cost burden on individuals.
Rooftop solar system promotion
- To enhance the popularity of this scheme at grassroots level, panchayats and urban local bodies will be incentivized to encourage the installation of rooftop solar systems within their jurisdiction.
National online portal integration
- Each stakeholders including customers, urban local bodies and financial institutions will be integrated with a National Online Portal, streaming the application and execution procedure.
Economic and Environmental benefits
- Apart from reduction in electricity bills, the scheme is expected to produce employment, promote income opportunities, and significantly cut down carbon emissions.